Friday, June 1, 2012

So GLAD!

I am a huge fan of planning my meals and making meals ahead of time to save not only time but money! If you can buy in bulk and get the meals made for a lot less and just freeze them, why wouldn't you? So the issue most people run into is how do I freeze my meals in a safe way, and keep them organized in my freezer? My solution...Glad Ovenware! It is by far my favorite Freezer Meal Planning item!

These oven safe 8x8 and 9x13 pans are perfect for meal planning and freezer meals! They are safe in both the freezer and the oven, they wash up nicely, and they stack wonderfully! So simply make your meals in the ovenware, let cool to room temperature, and then label and place in the freezer! Your set and ready to go! I simply place a piece of clear tape on top and write what I have inside so that I can easily remove the label and reuse the ovenware!

So where do you find these awesome jems? Well so far the only store that I have found them in is the Hy-Vee's in Sioux Falls, SD. BUT they are making there way into more and more stores! They are usually located right by the foil, sandwich bags, and other reusable bowls. If you don't have a store near you though, you can easily order them online via Amazon and directly through the GLAD website. I was able to get mine for $2.99 for 2 9x13s or $2.99 for 3 8x8s! Since they are reusable that is a great deal!

Best part is they are good for more then just making dinners! I use them for making bars and then freeze them. This way I can have bars on hand, and off the counter where I would munch on them every time I enter my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment